Get to know – Lulama Mantanga
Lulama, a mother of two boys, is a great cook and enjoys traveling. She possesses a strong ability to learn quickly and eagerly, with a keen attention to detail. Lulama is highly adaptable, able to swiftly adjust to changing project requirements to align with business goals. She consistently ensures that all goals are achieved within the given budget, scope, and timelines. Additionally, she excels at embracing and overcoming extreme challenges, skilfully navigating organisational dynamics, accurately forecasting obstacles, and effectively dismantling roadblocks to achieve success.
1. Tell us about the first job you’ve ever held.
In my first job, I worked at the MTN Call Centre (173), where my primary responsibility was assisting prepaid subscribers with their queries, ranging from sim card issues to device-related problems.
2. What would you like to be known/remembered for?
I would like to be known and remembered for being a dedicated employee who loves everything I do, as well as being a great mom, friend, and partner.
3. If you could be reincarnated as any animal, which one would you choose, and why?
If I could be reincarnated as any animal, I would choose to be a porcupine. I would prefer to sit in my little corner, mind my own business, and stay out of trouble.
4. What was the moment you realised you were officially an adult?
The moment I realised I had officially become an adult was when I found myself responsible for paying for my first car and taking care of a baby.
5. What do you admire most about your younger self?
Young, wild and free.
6. Who was your first celebrity crush?
7. What’s something you couldn’t live without?
“Life is like a bicycle, to keep balance you must keep moving”
Lulama Mantanga, Project Manager.
8. What’s something you learned about yourself in the last three months?
I have a great deal of patience when it comes to interacting with people, and I thoroughly enjoy spending time in my own company.
9. The zombie apocalypse is coming. Who are the three colleagues do you want on your team, and why?
Munya: “Let’s get the work done, don’t entertain problems, just find solutions, work hard, and let’s bring in more revenue.”
Tinei: “Let’s be productive, never compromise on quality, and focus on making clients happy.”
Brian: “Pushes you to be the best you can be and gives people the benefit of the doubt without judgments.”
10. What is your default strategy for dealing with upset clients?
My default strategy for dealing with upset clients is to approach them with a smile, offer them coffee, and give them a chance to express what is upsetting them. I listen attentively to their concerns and inquire about the outcome they would like to see.
11. What’s a work-related accomplishment you’re proud of?
I have achieved one of my career goals by becoming a Project Manager and obtaining accreditation as a Certified Scrum Master.
12. If you could summarise your experience with ISB Optimus in one sentence, what would it be?
Best company that recognises talent and invests on it.
We hope you enjoyed getting to know Lulama as much as our team did. Be on the lookout for the next article!