Get to know – Edmilson Paulo
I’m Edmilson Paulo. I’m currently an employee of ISB Optimus based at BankServAfrica as a Business Analyst. I studied Informatics because I always wanted a career that sits between business and IT, not too deep on either side. My next goal is to acquire a BA certification from FTI and complete some Oracle certifications. During my free time, I enjoy gaming, working out, listening to music, swimming, and researching. I have an interest in football, boxing, and motorsports.
1. Tell us about the first job you’ve ever held.
My first-ever job was in sales, where I sold various items, mostly electronics, to make a profit. I had established a good relationship with suppliers, allowing me to take stock and pay afterwards. Additionally, my initial employment was as an intern in the Project Management office for a company called Netsurit. As an intern, I shadowed and assisted the project team wherever they assigned me.
2. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
3. Tell us a fact that most people don’t know about you.
I am afraid of rats.
4. List three items on your bucket list.
- To make an impactful change in someone’s life.
- To find myself spiritually.
- To go deep-sea diving.
5. How would you describe your job and its responsibilities to small children?
I assist businesses in reaching their goals by contributing through collaborative efforts within project teams.
6. Tell us about a milestone you’ve achieved in your line of work that you’re most proud of?
I have always wanted to gain experience within the financial industry, and I have been fortunate to acquire some knowledge in that domain. Additionally, I have acquired to some extent the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Progress has little to do with speed, but much to do with direction.
Edmilson Paulo, Business Analyst
7. If you could have a career in anything, what would it be?
I would love to be a Formula 1 driver. Firstly, I am passionate about motorsport and admire the skillset one needs to possess to compete at the top level.
8. If you could be reincarnated as any animal, which one would you choose, and why?
I would definitely choose a Siberian tiger, and the reason behind it is that I admire its behaviour and the interesting facts surrounding the cat.
9. What is your default strategy for dealing with upset clients?
Firstly, I listen very carefully. Secondly, I clarify if I am in a position to explain anything to the client. Thirdly, I propose a possible solution that puts the client’s needs first.
10. The zombie apocalypse is coming. Who are the three colleagues do you want on your team, and why?
Mahadi – She is such an optimistic individual and seems to have everything under control during difficult situations.
Sammy – He is no longer part of ISB, but I would have him on my team due to his solution-driven approach.
Tendekai – He has an outstanding outlook on almost every topic I have raised with him. He is a highly intellectual individual
11. What do you admire most about your younger self?
My bravery enables me to attempt taking on risks and stepping outside my comfort zone.
12. If you could summarise your experience with ISB Optimus in one sentence, what would it be?
An organisation that feels like a united family, caring for its employees’ well-being as well as their career aspirations.
We hope you enjoyed getting to know Edmilson as much as our team did. Be on the lookout for the next article!