Get to know – Heidi Gopichand
Partnership and Events Manager
I am currently working for the dynamic company ISB Optimus as a Partnership and Events Manager. I have a Diploma in Contact Center Management and other management certifications. Raised in KwaZulu-Natal and relocated to Johannesburg in 2022, my favourite pastime is reading fiction novels. I love getting lost in a good book, escaping into different worlds and characters.
1. Tell us about the first job you’ve ever held.
I worked for Edcon as a Service Consultant. Worked in customer services for a while, then moved to Collections and Tracing
2. If you could be the main character in any movie, who would you be?
Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider – she has a “don’t mess with me “attitude”.
3. If you could teleport anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
Paris, France to celebrate Independance Day at the Eiffel Tower.
4. What’s a common piece of advice you don’t agree with and why?
Whatever you do, give it your 100%. I believe that one should give their all. Don’t just reach for the sky; go and grab your star. Achieve the unreachable.
5. What would you like to be known/remembered for?
We all can’t be famous or superheroes… LOL. I would like to be remembered as authentic and dependable.
6. If you could be reincarnated as any animal, which one would you choose, and why?
A hawk represents truth, courage, and self-awareness.
Embrace challenges with unwavering determination, putting in extra effort to achieve greatness. Let your friendly soul illuminate connections as you journey towards your aspirations.
Heidi Gopichand, Partnership and Events Manager
7. What’s a work-related accomplishment you’re proud of?
In my role as an events manager, we had a successful team-building conference last year, and I am confident that 2023 will be just as great. Building and maintaining relationships, especially in the insurance industry, and finally, taking the initiative to upskill myself are all significant aspects of personal growth.
8. What was the moment you realised you were officially an adult?
When the time came for me to make a payment for my car, I had a realisation that adulting can be quite challenging.
9. What is your default strategy for dealing with upset clients?
Listen to the client, take notes, and assure them that you will assist in finding a solution. Ensure timely feedback is provided until the issue is fully resolved
10. The zombie apocalypse is coming. Who are the three colleagues do you want on your team, and why?
- Brian Mudhokwani is a natural leader with great communication skills, always encouraging us to do our best.
- You can always depend on Reneilwe Mahlangu to find a solution.
- Mahlori Mathebula looks at life on the lighter side.
11. What do you admire most about your younger self?
Being carefree and full of life, I was a tomboy in my younger days, playing tops and marbles with the boys, and climbing trees for berries.
12. If you could summarise your experience with ISB Optimus in one sentence, what would it be?
A close-knit family company culture that values skills, experience, and recognises talent in individuals.
We hope you enjoyed getting to know Heidi as much as our team did. Be on the lookout for the next article!