Get to know – Mahlori Mathebula
Mathebula Mahlori is my name. I work for ISBO as a solutions consultant. I studied Information Technology with a focus on business applications at Tshwane University of Technology. I earned four Sage Intacct certifications, fourteen SYSPRO ERP certifications, and a Flowgear technical certification. I was born and raised in Giyani, and I enjoy playing soccer, video games, reading books, and listening to music in my spare time. My interests include problem solving, sports, reading, and writing. One of my long-term goals is to advance to a leadership position.
1. Tell us about the first job you’ve ever held.
My first job was at Informatics Community Engagement Projects (ICEP), a Non-Profit Organisation based in Pretoria. I served as a BA intern for 6 months; duties include but not limited to requirements gathering, Systems Documentations, UAT’s etc.
2. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
To guard the weak and helpless. The ability to share love because I want people to be happy. I want to provide prosperity to those in need, because there are so many young people who are desperate for opportunities to demonstrate their abilities to avoid ending up on the streets.
3. Tell us a fact that most people don’t know about you.
I’m sorry to say it, but I’m not a swimmer. Hahaha
4. List three items on your bucket list.
- Run a marathon.
- Set a Guinness world record
- Continuous Improvement
5. How would you describe your job and its responsibilities to small children?
I can say that I assist clients in running their businesses more quickly and efficiently by responding to calls and emails, troubleshooting, analysing customer needs, identifying the source of problems, and implementing necessary corrective measures.
6. Tell us about a milestone you’ve achieved in your line of work that you’re most proud of?
Participating in the Plasser and Ace Bearings projects pushed me outside of my comfort bubble, taught me how to deal with obstacles more effectively, and resulted in significant growth.
Fortune favours the brave; Faith over Fear.
Mahlori Mathebula, Solutions Consultant
7. If you could have a career in anything, what would it be?
To be a football player.
Footballers make a lot of money for running for 90 minutes in a 100 x 50 m rectangular box. Imagine having over 90,000 people come to watch you work while chanting your name, LOL.
8. If you could be reincarnated as any animal, which one would you choose, and why?
That’s simple, Hyena. This small predator is the definition of soft life, LOL. They are usually too lazy to chase their prey; instead, they wait for other predators to catch their prey before coming in to take it. It is not only the lion that is afraid of these much smaller predators. Other smaller animals are also afraid of hyenas. Many animals, including lions and cheetahs, are terrified of hyenas because they fight in packs.
9. What is your default strategy for dealing with upset clients?
I maintain my cool, practice active listening, and take notes on their concerns, thank them for bringing the issue to my attention, emphasise the steps that must be taken to resolve the issue, and keep them updated on any developments regarding the issue.
10. The zombie apocalypse is coming. Who are the three colleagues do you want on your team, and why?
To be honest, I believe that all of my co-workers deserve to be here simply because we have different skill sets.
- Reneilwe – I can benefit from her astute negotiating skills as well as her ability to analyse complex situations and responding appropriately.
- Talent – His ability to think and compete while under extreme pressure is unparalleled.
- Aluwani – His calm approach and ability to think on his feet in stressful situations are invaluable.
11. What do you admire most about your younger self?
I was not afraid of trying new things, taking risks, breaking and repairing electronic devices. At home, they used to refer to me as a mechanic, LOL.
12. If you could summarise your experience with ISB Optimus in one sentence, what would it be?
A caring and loving organisation, always providing us with opportunities for continuous improvement. How can I forget Tequila Fridays? Hahaha, once and for always.
We hope you enjoyed getting to know Mahlori as much as our team did. Be on the lookout for the next article!